Nicholas & Lence for RCPHS
New York, NY – September 13, 2017 – Rolex Central Park Horse Show announces Central Park Family Day Presented by Mars, Incorporated on Sunday, September 24, 2017 as the final program during the five-day equestrian annual event at Wollman Rink. New to this year, RCPHS is partnering with Mars, Incorporated to welcome canine companions to this year’s show, in addition to equestrian friends.
“We are thrilled to partner with Mars, Incorporated and add our canine friends to this year’s programming, since we and our sponsors recognize the importance of domestic animals in our daily lives and support the overall health and wellness of both equestrian and canine members of our family,” said Mark Bellissimo, CEO of International Equestrian Group (IEG).
On Sunday, September 24, gates open at 12:00 p.m. and Central Park Family Day presented by Mars, Incorporated, will run until 3:00 p.m. with the following program – many of which are NEW to 2017:
– Dog agility demonstration by the Dog Agility Club of Long Island
– Performance by The Pompeyo Family, who has been on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” and has performed over ten years throughout the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean with their kids and dog rescue members of their family
– Chance to meet and take photos with Instagram dog celebrity, Chloe The Mini Frenchie, who has over 174,000 followers, has traveled to five countries (with Milan as her favorite destination), loves fashion, collaborates with the Humane Society of NY, and lives in NYC. Chloe’s appearance is sponsored by KindredBio, a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to saving and improving the lives of pets
– Equestrian activities interactive pony grooming station presented by the United States Equestrian Federation, pony rides, and pony games
– Chance to meet Honor and Hamlet of Mini Horse Heroes, two of the country’s smallest police horses
– Chance to participate in hobby horsing, a competition consisting of a toy stick with a model horse head that mimics the movements and technicality of horseback riding in show jumping and dressage
– Kids’ Land Rover Adventure Course and more!
|A hobby horse jumping course will be set during the afternoon for children to enjoy, alongside pony riders, and interactive grooming stations presented by the United States Equestrian Federation.|
As part of their ongoing CSR, Rolex Central Park Horse Show will support various New York City not-for-profit organizations, including the Central Park Conservancy, City Parks Foundation, GallopNYC, Mini Horse Heroes, New York City Children’s Chorus, New York State Horse Council, NYC Parks Enforcement Mounted Auxiliary Unit, and the Police Athletic League.
For more information on the RCPHS and the 2017 Central Park Family Day presented by Mars, Incorporated, please visit www.centralparkhorseshow.com.
Shin-Jung Hong: ShinJung@nicholaslence.com / Tel: 212.938.0005
Justine DiGiglio: Justine@nicholaslence.com / Tel: 212.205.6632
About Rolex Central Park Horse Show
Originally launched in September 2014, Rolex Central Park Horse Show is the first-ever outdoor, multi-day equestrian sporting event in New York City, showcasing some of the best show jumpers and dressage riders in the world as they vie for top prizes against a backdrop of skyscrapers in one of the world’s most iconic venues. As the event founder, Mark Bellissimo is the CEO of Equestrian Sport Productions and International Equestrian Group LLC; Managing Partner of Wellington Equestrian Partners (WEF), Tryon Equestrian Partners and Colorado Equestrian Partners; and Publisher of The Chronicle of The Horse magazine. The Rolex Central Park Horse Show will feature five days of multi-discipline equestrian sport and performances, ranging from Arabians and Dressage to Hunters and Show Jumping. For more information, visit www.centralparkhorseshow.com or Facebook at www.facebook.com/CPhorseshow and follow @cphorseshow on Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credit ©MegBanks/RCPHS. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with proper credit.